A/C Maintenance Services
When it comes to the maintenance of your air conditioner, we work hard to ensure you have the best services available in Hawaii. Our Island Comfort staff are friendly, professional, and certified. Contact us today to get a free estimate!
When you live in a tropical area like Hawaii, having a dependable HVAC system is essential for the comfort of you and your family. As you well know, our Hawaiian weather systems can swing to the extremes. There’s no better way to get a break from the heat and humidity than to enjoy air conditioning in your own home.
To keep your A/C running at peak performance all year long, regular maintenance can’t be neglected. But when is the best time to carry out HVAC servicing? How often should you schedule routine maintenance? And what should you expect?
This article will address any concerns you may have about heating and cooling in Hawaii.
What HVAC Maintenance Includes
When you schedule a heating and cooling maintenance service us in Hawaii, our HVAC technician visits your home with a checklist of AC unit items they’ll inspect, clean, test, adjust, or even replace.
A professional HVAC maintenance appointment with a top-rate company like Island Comfort goes above and beyond air conditioning servicing tasks you can do yourself.
Here are some of the tune-ups our pros conduct during a routine AC maintenance visit:
- Measure the blower motor’s amperage and voltage
- Test and calibrate your air conditioner’s thermostat
- Carry out a visual inspection of the condenser coil, furnace, and fan blade
- Clean or replace the AC’s air filters
- Inspect, lubricate, or replace the bearings
- Monitor the operating pressures of the refrigerant
- Ensure your air conditioning safety devices are in proper running condition
- Check whether your electrical disconnect box is safely installed and properly rated
- Check for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test air conditioner unit capacitors
- Inspect your home to ensure proper airflow
- Have access to the latest professional tools for the job
- Maintain special training for mold, mildew, and asbestos removal
- Provide removal and disposal of your home’s old insulation
- Optimize energy-efficient insulation
How Often Should I Service My Air Conditioner Unit?
How often you service your air conditioning system in Hawaii depends on how you use it. If you use your AC unit every day, we recommend having it serviced at least three times per year. This is critical because a heavily-used HVAC system can tend to wear out faster.
If you seldom use your air conditioning system, consider having it serviced a minimum of once a year.
Whether you have your HVAC unit serviced annually or a few times a year, here’s what you can do in between the AC system tune-ups to keep it running smoothly:
- Replace the air filters at least once a month
- Regularly inspect your outdoor AC equipment for damage. Ensure the area around it is free of weeds, leaves, gunk, or any other debris that might cause damage.
- Check your HVAC unit’s performance and, if you hear any strange noises or if it seems to be running below the optimal level, call in the experts so issues can be addressed before they get out of hand.
- Turn up the AC thermostat to lessen the system’s load if you won’t be home for a while.
The Best Time For Maintenance
Summer and winter tend to be the toughest on your HVAC system. That means the best time to schedule an HVAC maintenance call is in between the peak seasons in early summer (May), and at the beginning of winter (November) as things are generally slower during these times. No one’s sleeping well when your AC goes out at the peak of summer, so avoid disaster by scheduling an appointment during a time of year when you don’t depend on your AC for comfort.
Reasons Why HVAC Maintenance is Essential
Even if your HVAC system is in perfect condition, heating and cooling maintenance in Hawaii is critical because:
1) A Healthy Air Conditioner Equals Healthier Air
All the air from your AC unit must first pass through the furnace filter. If the filter is clogged, any pollen, allergens, and other trapped contaminants will be passed into the air in your home. This can result in respiratory problems and is particularly risky for someone with asthma.
By carrying out regular HVAC maintenance, clogged AC filters, coils, the fan motor, ducts and any other dirty air conditioning system components are cleaned, resulting in healthier air for family and your pets.
2) AC Maintenance Enhances Your Home’s Safety
Regular air conditioning system maintenance can help find and fix problems that could be potentially dangerous to the health of you and your loved ones. For instance, a malfunctioning furnace often causes carbon monoxide leaks which, if undetected, can have a detrimental effect on your household.
When you invest in regular air conditioning maintenance, you minimize such risks as AC service typically includes inspecting the furnace and other essential AC unit components.
3) Routine Maintenance Keeps Costs Low
When your AC has a malfunctioning component, it has to work twice as hard to keep your air at home well-regulated. This results in using more energy to do the same job, consequently increasing your energy costs.
But when your AC is optimized during maintenance, it runs smoothly and cuts your energy costs by about 30%. A professional HVAC technician will also proactively address any underlying issues that might have otherwise gone undetected until a major problem developed, costing you a great deal of money to repair. In some cases, neglecting regular maintenance can result in having to prematurely replace your HVAC system.
Other reasons to have regular HVAC maintenance include:
- Extended HVAC system life
- Enhanced personal comfort
- Fewer breakdowns
- Active warranty coverage
- Protect the environment
Get Professional HVAC Maintenance Today
Air conditioning unit servicing is incredibly beneficial to you and your entire household. It improves your home’s air quality, extends your HVAC systems life, and relieves you from the burden of unintentionally voiding your existing warranty.